Photobucket

October 18, 2011

- Beatiful People: Kristen Booth -


Well everyone, a few weeks ago I got the amazing opportunity to fly to California and second shoot two weddings with my friend Kristen.  She and I met two years ago in Nashville at the Sarah Barlow intern program and I'm so pumped that we got to shoot together!  Kristen has built her business into an awesome power house of art!  Honestly her photography is stunning!  LOVE it!  It was so great to work together and to learn from her as she is pursuing photography full time and doing a fantastic job!   



Here are some fun thoughts from Kristen to you: 

When did you start your business?

I shot my first wedding in the Spring of 2010, launched my website and really kicked off my business in the summer of 2010. Let's just say it's been a crazy year and a half!! :)

Why did your start your business and what is your favorite part about it?

I started my business because there was no option NOT to. Once I discovered my love for photography, I knew without a doubt that I had found my calling. And despite my fears of being "too young" or "not experienced enough"...I just followed my heart and went for it! :) My favorite part is the happiness. I shoot weddings....what day is really happier than that? It's awesome to be surrounded by happy, excited, optimistic people!


Do you have some fun tips and tricks to pass on for other photographers?

Find your style and stick with it. Don't be influenced by what the current trends are or what you "should" be doing. If you are being YOU, that's something no one else can ever be! :)


What is something fun you like to do to unwind?

I'm a big time reader. I have 50+ books that I've purchased and haven't gotten to read yet. So chipping away at those is most definitely my favorite thing to do when I am not shooting!
I did these shots of her with her passport/map of Ireland as she is heading out there shortly!  Just about a week ago she posted a few of these photos on her blog to make the announcement! Love it!  Such an amazing opportunity, I know I cannot wait to see the photos she takes there!  


In the shot above we used Kristen's car lights as a portable lighting rig...different, a bit difficult, but super fun!
And finally a photo of the city horizon.  It is rather grainy, but it captures the city I was in and gives a small understanding of what I was able to experience during my week in CA.  


Have a lovely evening everyone!  I hope this art is inspiring to you and that it brings a bit of joy to your day!  Make sure you take some time to check out Kristen's stunning photography HERE! 
God Bless,
Megs



//©2011Megs Colleen//MegsColleen.com//Megs@MegsColleen.com//

1 comment:

  1. YES! Kristen is amazing! :)

    Love the shots! Especially the cracked ground area!!! :)

    ReplyDelete