Photobucket

March 04, 2011

Beautiful People: Jamie Delaine


Hey lovely blog readers!
Once again, I'm sorry for the lack of photos on the blog for the past few weeks.  Hopefully I will be set to go by late next week.  
Anyway, lets get to the awesomeness of this post: Jamie Delaine!
Jamie absolutely rocks my world!  She is a fantastic photographer (and past Intern of Sarah Barlow) based in Vancouver.  She takes drop-dead gorgeous photos of weddings, and is a super adorable person!  But all of this is not even the best part...ready for this: she started her business at the age of sixteen and she loves Jesus!  Yea for that!  Check out her new website (love the new design!) HERE and her new blog (also crazy rad!) HERE!
Remember how I had Elsie Flannigan answer some questions for me?  Well Jamie did as well!  I am going to be using this information in my research writing paper, and also on the blog...in fact right now!

1. When did you start your business/entrepreneurship and what inspired you?
I started my business when I was sixteen years old. I think what inspired me was simply seeing other people do what the love. I saw other wedding photographers and portrait photographers making a living taking photos, capturing the lives of others & I decided that's what I needed to do.

2. Have you noticed a rise in entrepreneurship over the past few years?

In the photography industry, I've certainly noticed a rise of beginning photographers. I think this is because of the growing accessibility to great cameras. In terms of general entrepreneurship, perhaps. I think there are so many opportunities in the world in this day and age of social media--people are starting to believe they can find a niche market to make a living doing what they love.

3. Do you have any words of wisdom for those of us just starting out?
Be a reader. Readers are leaders! Read whatever business/marketing books you can get your hands on. Volunteer your time to help other people. Always be open to learning more.

4. How do you feel you contribute to our society?
My contribution to society is capturing the lives of individuals/couples/families. I help them remember what they felt like during their engagement, how happy they were on their wedding day, the beautiful chaos of a family with three children jumping all over the place. I capture.

5. What do you do to relax and prepare for the tasks ahead (such as daily to-
do’s, client deadlines etc.)?

My morning always starts with breakfast, reading my bible, focusing my mind on God and then I dive into emails and a big to-do list! I do what a call a brain "download" where I empty everything I am thinking about that is weighing me down. Having everything on paper: to-do's, thoughts, worries, really helps sort through them.

Well I hope this inspires you all as much as it does me!  Love it!
Have a fantastic day!

God Bless,
Megs



//©2011Megs Colleen//MegsColleen.com//Megs@MegsColleen.com//

No comments:

Post a Comment