Photobucket

March 30, 2011

- Performing The Vows -


I must perform my vows to you, O God;
I will render thank offerings to you.
For you have delivered my soul from death,
yes, my feet from falling,
that I may walk before God
in the light of life.
 Psalm 56:12-13
 
Ok, I just want to take a quick look at these verses.   
First off, this is a Psalm of David, now read what he is writing to God:  I must perform my vows to you, 
Wow, to me that is powerful...I have given God my life, so now as His temple I am vowed to be forever His.  I need to perform His deeds, be His hands, love as He would, live as He would...but do I?  We say we are Christians, but do we live it?  Do we act as though our salvation is a vow to God?  Do we even know the power of a vow in this age?  We see vows within marriage, but do those vows stay in motion....

Second: I will render thank offerings to you.
Ok, I will ask God for various things, and to be honest I do love thanking God, however I do forget how thankful I really should be.  I thank God, but often times in the lightest form of the word.  It has to be something crazy big for me to remember how thankful I really should be.  That is sad.  The God of the universe gave His life for me, and I can only remember to RENDER THANK OFFERINGS to Him when He "does something impossible."  There is something wrong with that picture.

Third:  You have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling,
This echos what I was just stating above, "The God of the universe gave His life for me." He has kept my feet from falling, He has given me a hope and love to live for.  How amazing is that!  

Fourth: that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Each one of first three comments leads into this last portion of the verse: that I may walk before God in the light of life.  Once again, wow!  I cannot express how amazing that is!  We have this hope, this joy, this God that loves us!  
 
My Summery: Through God and His saving grace I can live in His light and freedom, and I am now forever in His debt and I must fulfill His vows, and in thanksgiving I will render worship and glory to Him. 

Well, I leave you with that, and I hope it challenges you as it did me.  
God Bless,
Megs
 
//©2011Megs Colleen//MegsColleen.com//Megs@MegsColleen.com//
 

No comments:

Post a Comment