Photobucket

March 29, 2011

- Yay, or Nay and Two Way Conversations -


Good morning!  This morning I would like to chat about two things:

1) Are you for or against watermarks?  I know that basically all photographers place them on their photos, and they are used primarily for ensuring the "safety" of the photo (so no one can just pull them off the site and call them theirs or whatever).   So do you like them?  Do you think that is a smart business move? 
 
 
2) Two way conversations:
I have noticed that this blog is simply me talking to you all...nothing else...that is pretty lame...I would love to get more conversation flowing!  Whether it be commenting, emailing, facebooking, tweeting, there are so many ways to do this so lets get at it!  I'd love to get to know you all better (or really at all!)!

Have a wonderful day! 
God Bless,
Megs


//©2011Megs Colleen//MegsColleen.com//Megs@MegsColleen.com//

6 comments:

  1. I'm also a photographer, but I'm not a fan of watermarks. I did it in the beginning but for some reason it just really broke up the message of the image for me. I don't really know why I felt that way but ever since I haven't been doing watermarks. But occasionally I wish I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chaucee! Thanks for the input! That is kind of what I have been dealing with sense I started using watermarks...I think it is smart for business purposes, however it is somewhat distracting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time, I just get suuuuper lazy and don't use watermarks ;) haha. But they're definitely good :) I love your blog! :)

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I totally understand what you mean Abby! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like watermarks and think they're good. One for protecting your images and two when I see and image I like some where if it has a watermark I can look up the name and find who took it. When I give my client a CD I give them the high res files no watermark and a web friendly one that is resized and watermarked. Also I like the placement of the watermark on the bottom picture better than the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear from you Rachel! I love that you give your clients two versions (high def and web friendly) of the photos! And I have to agree, I also like the watermark placement on the mag photo better. Thanks so much for your input!

    ReplyDelete