Photobucket

April 16, 2012

// DIY: Canvas //

Here we go!  A fun canvas DIY for you all to enjoy!  I have to be honest and say that I am generally not one for bringing out the hammer and nails, but this is super easy and literally takes about 15 min.  Fabulous!  Plus you get to make crazy artwork for your walls once you are done! 
 
What you need:
  • Hammer
  • Staple Gun
  • Canvas (Menard's or Home Depot carries this)
  • Two 11x1/2 inch pieces of wood
  • Two 12 1/2x1/2 inch pieces of wood
  • Eight 1 1/2 inch nails 
  • Flat Acrylic Latex Paint
  • Sponge Brush


1 // To start off you are going to build the frame.  As an optional help you can line up your wood before hand and pencil in where you will need to nail the frame.  This guides the process a bit and minimizes any chance of accidentally nailing the wrong pieces of wood together.  ;)


2 // Next, wrap your canvas onto the frame using your staple gun to secure the canvas.  Make sure you fold the corners neatly (like bed sheets) to help flatten out the canvas.  USE LOTS OF STAPLES!  ;)  The more security you have, the better!


3 // Oh hey, you're almost done!  Bring out your sponge brush, Flat Acrylic Latex Pain, and paint away!  Coat the entire canvas extremely well and fill in any areas that soak in the paint.  This is will keep your actual future painting projects from being soaked into the material.  


4 // Let this dry.  That's it!  Now you can create some stunning artwork of which I would LOVE to see!  ;)  Drop me a note on Facebook (HERE) or on my website comment link (HERE) with your creations!

I suppose you expect to see some of my artwork now...haha...well let's just say painting is not one of my gifts.  Every once in a while I create something worthwhile, but for now I'll spare you the distress and let that post come in the future!  :)

Happy painting and have a lovely start to the week!  ;)
Megs



//©2012Megs Colleen//MegsColleen.com//Megs@MegsColleen.com// 

No comments:

Post a Comment