Photobucket

March 19, 2012

// Truth Be Known //


Over the past week or so I have been doing a bit of pondering, studying God's word, and thinking through some things in my life.  I often find that during these times of reflection, a new desktop design ensues.  I never really mean to, but creating a new desktop background always helps me remember the truths and convictions I need to focus on.  Today one such design came out of my bible study, and I thought I'd share it with all of you.  Feel free to grab it, use it, share it and so on!  The words (which are purposely placed slightly above where your dock is on a mac, please note that the photo itself is of no significance, I just like it.) come from Romans 8, and I highly recommend reading the WHOLE chapter as it holds much truth, and the words are extremely convicting and encouraging. 

Here is one part of the passage that really stood out to me:
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you.  Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.  But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.  If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you. 
     So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.  For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.  For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.  For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,  and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ,  provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
Romans 8:9-17 (ESV)

I would love to hear what God is doing in your life, and get to know you better!  Feel free to share on the Facebook (HERE), or email me! 
God bless all, and have a fantastic week!  
Megs

//©2012Megs Colleen//MegsColleen.com//Megs@MegsColleen.com//

No comments:

Post a Comment